Mason playing the guitar

Today I performed a song with my guitar in front of the school in assembly. At first I was extremely worried but as I progressed further into the song, I became more comfortable. Everything went to plan and I received a huge round of applause. The head-teacher and the secretary appeared curiously to see what was happening. Later in the day I was sent to Mr Bennett to collect a head-teacher’s certificate and a golden sticker (I was very proud).

The tune I played was called Pyro by the Kings of Leon. This is one of my favourite songs and I am also confident when I play it! Playing a musical instrument is very complicated at the start but once you have had a lot of practice you will improve and you will become more skilful. It takes a long time to become confident and I have been playing the guitar for 3 and a half years. I go for a private tutor every Friday in Oldham at a place called Muso’s and my teacher is called Christine! In the future my goal is to be able to fingerpick quickly and fluently. I also would like to be able to perform in front of many people without getting as nervous.

mason

3 thoughts on “Mason playing the guitar

1. Mason, your performance was awesome. You are a great role model for the other children.
    I am looking forward to your next performance 🙂
    Mrs Carey

2. I have heard a lot about your fantastic performance but sadly I missed it! I hope that you will be able to perform again soon so that I can hear it for myself.