Legend

This half term we are focusing on the Ancient Greeks and we are reading the book ‘Who let the Gods Out?’ by Maz Evans. As part of our English work, we are going to be writing our own legend story, as we have been studying the Legend of the Trojan Horse.

I would love to hear who you believe is a legendary person. This  person could be alive or be somebody that has passed away.

Who are you going to choose? Why?

Mr Bottomley

16 thoughts on “Legend

1. In my opinion Sachin Tendulkar is a legend. He has broken many cricketing records and even made his international debut at the age of 16. Away from cricket he has been involved in some great charity work which has helped underprivileged children in India to an education.

2. I think Tim Peake is a legend because he has made more children interested in space and science because he has told them what it is like in space.

3. Zlatan Ibrahimovic and De Gea, Zlatan because he has scored many goals for man Utd. De Gea because he inspired me to be a goalie.

4. My legend would be Paul o’ Grady because of all the amazing work he does with helping the animals and especially his work at the Battersea Dogs and Cats home.

5. My legend is Mo Farah because I loved watching him run in the Olympics and he was one of the people who inspired me to become a runner.

6. My legend is Stan Lee. I love his comics, film cameos and I like his characters. My favourites are Spider-Man, doctor Strange, Iron-Man and many more 🙂

7. I think my dad is a legend (Tony Carss) because of how well he did playing football before he became a coach for many different teams

8. I am finding all of your legendary figures very interesting, and you have given some good reasons for choosing them.
    For my legendary figures I would like to nominate ‘The Edinburgh Seven’. Can you find out who they were, and reply to my comment. I wonder if you can also work out why I think they deserve to be legends.

9. The Edinburgh Seven were the first group of matriculated undergraduate female students at any British university. They are legends because they studied medicine but were prevented from graduating and qualifying as doctors. The campaign they fought gained national attention and won them supporters including Charles Darwin. Their campaign resulted in legislation and ensured that women could study medicine at university in 1876.

10. My legend is Corbyn Besson because he and his band (Why Don’t We) have made amazing music, my favourite song by them is Air of the night.