Y5 OACT football

On Monday 22nd October 8 Y5 pupils who had been attending the after school OACT football club represented Thorp at OACT’s football event, held at Failsworth High School. The team played 4 games in the tournament but unfortunately didn’t make the finals. Nevertheless, the children did a fantastic job of representing the school- they showed good sportsmanship and tried their very best, cheering each other on throughout. We had lots of fun!

2 thoughts on “Y5 OACT football

1. Prior to this game I had never played a proper football match before. I was given the opportunity to represent my school because I had been attending the OACT after school event (which I really enjoyed). We had lots of fun and tried our very best. Thank you to Miss Wood and Miss Taylor who were very supportive and gave us lots of encouragement.

2. Darcey, your commitment to the after school club earned you a place in the squad, so well done you and the rest of the team. I am so glad you had a good time. Everybody did a great job at representing Thorp Primary. Well done.